Yoshiko is available for consultancy projects. Her expertise has been sought for fabric research & development, historical and cultural accuracy, and curatorial advisement.
Clients have included:
- Fashion Designer Christina Kim for dosa inc;
- Aranya Naturals, a TATA welfare project for natural dyeing;
- Costume Designer Colleen Atwood for “Memoirs of a Geisha” (Academy Award for Best Costume Design);
- Curator Maribeth Graybill for University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA), Ann Arbor;
- Owner Eleanor Coppola for FFC Presents;
- San Francisco Film Arts Foundation (now the San Francisco Film Society);
- Seibu Department Store, Miyake Design Studio, and Vepar for Asha by MDS;
- Dyer Tsuyoshi Kuno of Kuno Dyeworks for Cirque du Soleil and Tiffany & Co.
- Owner Elizabeth Wilson and Designer Fifi White for Asiatica
Curatorial engagements have included:
- Textile Museum, Washington, D.C.;
- Philadelphia Museum of Art;
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India;
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art, San Francisco
- Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
- Jim Thompson Art Center, Bangkok, Thailand
Please email yoshiko [at] yoshikowada [dot] com to present any proposals.